swarm-modeling

[Swarm-Modelling] A short course on teaching agent- / individual-based m

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] A short course on teaching agent- / individual-based modeling
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:21:16 -0800

This June, Volker Grimm and I will be conducting a one-week short course on individual- / agent-based modeling. The primary target of the course is people interested in teaching this kind of modeling at the university level. We will introduce our forthcoming textbook on agent-based modeling and prepare participants to lead classes using it. The course will include instruction in NetLogo software.

Information on the short-course is at: http://www.humboldt.edu/ibm

Information on our textbook is at:
http://www.railsback-grimm-abm-book.com

Please also be aware that Uta Berger is again offering her summer course in individual- and agent-based modeling through the Dresden University of Technology. This year the course is targeted to graduate students with "basic knowledge in the development and implementation of IBMs/ABMs, who look for an effective strategy for analyzing their running models and conducting simulation experiments." Information is at: http://www.forst.tu-dresden.de/summerschool

Steve Railsback