Re: tee and swarm apps?

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: tee and swarm apps?
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 95 01:36:23 MST

>I mentioned this problem a week or so ago and I still have it:

[hmm, thought I sent an answer].

>Compare:
>    axelcult
>    axelcult | tee log1
>Do you get what I get, ie, with tee the debugging output
>from axelcult (after a GO), doesn't come out to screen or to log file?

It works for me under Linux, modulo output buffering.

Because axelcult doesn't exit correctly when you hit quit, it's
possible stdout isn't ever flushed in your OS. Try putting an
fflush(stdout) after the printf in axelcult, or else make it quit with
exit(0) after a certain time. (Or test with an application that exits
cleanly when you hit the quit button - sorry that axelcult is bogus here.)

Also, test with stdout redirection ("axelcult > foo") instead of tee:
tee is a bit funky on some OSes.

In any event, Swarm does nothing strange to stdout.