Compiling swarm960513

From: Lars Rasmusson
Subject: Compiling swarm960513
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 18:54:32 +0200

Hi!

I have downloaded the beta release and tried to compile it.
So far it has worked pretty well, but I have had some
problems with the ObjectiveC stuff, and since I don't know
ObjectiveC, perhaps someone can give me a hint?

In the file src/swarmobject/MessageProbe.h
there are two references to the function
sel_get_any_typed_uid

This function doesn't appear to exist in my libobjc.a
There are, however, both sel_get_typed_uid and sel_get_any_uid
functions available, but I suppose they do different things...

This means that I can't link the examples without getting
an error message for an undefined function...

Question:
   Is this because I have some strange version of gcc
   (I'm using gcc 2.7.0 on solaris 2.4)

   If yes, is it possible to express sel_get_any_typed_uid
   in terms of some of the other fuctions I have available?

   Or is there some other thing I can do?

Otherwise it seems to work fine!

I have compiled everything using the latest version of Tcl and Tk
(Tcl7.5 and Tk4.1)  To get them to work there are a few changes
that have to be done to Tk.m and Tcl.m  Some of the Tk commands
have been moved to Tcl so I had to rename

Tk_DoOneEvent         to   Tcl_DoOneEvent
Tk_CreateFileHandler  to   Tcl_CreateFileHandler
Tk_DeleteFileHandler  to   Tcl_DeleteFileHandler
tk_NumMainWindows     to   Tk_GetNumMainWindows()
Tk_CreateMainWindow   to   TkCreateMainWindow
                           (and remove the last argument)
tcl_rcFileName = "~/.wishrc";   to
  Tcl_SetVar(interp, "tcl_rcFileName", "~/.wishrc",TCL_GLOBAL_ONLY);
(and remove the extern declaration of tcl_rcFileName)

Regards,
Lars Rasmusson