Re: swarm 960513: heatbug dumps core

From: Matthew Hare
Subject: Re: swarm 960513: heatbug dumps core
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 14:44:25 +0100

>>Dear All

>>I reinstalled everything mentioned in the 'required software' docs
having more problems making xpm-3.4h than anything else...

>>We run Solaris2.4 on SUNsparcs

>>swarm made OK
>>the apps made OK too,
>>but some do funny things or dump core:-)

>>regards
>>Gerard S. Mohler

hey we're running on solaris2.4 as well and guess what, we're having problems
with making xpm-3.4h, too (libtclobjc went OK). We hoped a successful make
would sort out the segmentation faults on heatbugs(?) How did you overcome your
make problems with xpm-3.4h? We keep on being asked for <strings.h> when we
don't have it (during the make depend, all we have is string.h)
.... can you help?
cheers
Matt Hare
Macaulay Land Use Research Institute