linking problem

From: John Sweeney
Subject: linking problem
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 12:32:54 -0400

hello --

I am trying to set up the new beta release on a Linux box (kernel 1.3.9).  I
properly compiled all the swarm libs and installed all the prereq software.
When
I try to compile the demos (using make) I get:

MessageProbe.o(.text+0x3a8): undefined reference to `sel_get_any_typed_uid'

then make bombs.  I figured this was a problem with not finding the right libs,
but I put them in a conspicuous place and had a -L$SWARMHOME/lib in the
compilation.  What could be the problem?

tyhanks a bunch,
john
--

address@hidden