Re: restarting runs

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: restarting runs
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 01:02:20 +1000

I too, would be interested in such a beast! Having to quit and then re-run the
app from the command line, all the time can be a bit of a drag!

I suppose the best way to do this is to add a "Reset" button to the "Swarm"
Go window
- but you might have to delve into the libraries to figure out how to do
it! It might
involve creating a new Tk/Tcl widget. Anybody? I will have a look at it if
I can get
time...

Alex

At 10:25 AM 30/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
> Does anybody have a suggestion as to a good way (or the "right way",
>if such a thing exists) of restarting (from the beginning) a
>simulation run (with either the same or different random number
>generator seed). I would like to be able to run my sim over and over
>again with different initial parameter settings. Currently, using the
>ObserverSwarm hacked from heatbugs, I have to kill the program and
>start it up again, with all of the attendent overhead.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jim
>address@hidden
>
>                  ==================================
>   Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day
>   to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.
>   [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden>
>   with "help" in the body of the message.

  Alex Lancaster
   e-mail: <address@hidden>