Re: Do you think this would work? Gnu-win a static swarm!

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Do you think this would work? Gnu-win a static swarm!
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 09:38:51 -0500

A while back, Paul Johnson mentioned gnu-win32 from cygnus as a possible
way to get Swarm running under Bill's operating systems. To find out what
the gizmo can and cannot do, I posted a couple of questions on the
gnu-win32 list. The answers are appended here.

Seems it could conceivably be done -- but it might take a bit of work.
Assuming tcl and tk already exist under 95/NT, you'd have to port BLT and
libtclobjc, as well as installing the objC part of the gnu compiler yourself.

If anyone tries this (Paul ???), let us all know what comes of it! I think
I'll wait for the Java port ...

Cheers,
--Sven