Re: Multi-world question...

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: Multi-world question...
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:20:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> All,
>
> Since I didn't hear from any of you about possible solutions to my
> question last week... :(, I decided to implement a "solution" to my
> problem by puting the various agents into one of three worlds and then
> lying them on top of each other.  I have the Problems in one world.  The
> solutions in another, and an attached solutions (to a problem) in a
> third world.
>
> The logic seems sound, but the Problems dont seem to "see" the solutions
> now.  Is there some limitations that agents might have in seeing other
> agents in other worlds?
>
> Currently I create all the problems in their world.  And all of the
> solutions in their two worlds.  In their "un-attached" world they are
> stationary.  And in their "owned" world, the owner problem will move
> each of them around.  This way the problem of agents steping on each
> other should be solved.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Any suggestions?

It should not matter which world the agents are in as long
as the viewing agent has a pointer to the world(s) that
contains the agent which is being searched for.

Another way to organize a multi-layered environment is to
have one world and, at each grid location, the world
contains an object.  That object then contains a list of
agents occupying its location.

I think it a matter of style whether you have a list of
grids or a grid of lists.  Choose what makes sense to you.

BTW, do the agents only inhabit one world at a time?

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427