Re: What class are you?

From: Sven Thommesen
Subject: Re: What class are you?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:47:09 -0500

At 06:11 PM 9/24/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>At 01:21 PM 9/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>At 11:42 AM 9/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>>
>>>I think you can do this:
>
>  [[yourObject class] name]
>
>>>to get a string with the class name back.
>>>See Next book in appendix C under class and instance methods.
>>>  - r
>
>Rick was right; this code works 'out-of-the-box'.
>
>Scott's code using object_get_class_name(myObject) also works,
>but to use this I had to #import <objc/objc-api.h>.
>
>So now I have another tool, but the bug is still eluding me ...
>Looks like another stray string pointer or somesuch :-(
>
>Sven

I note that while Scott's code is documented (at least by inference) in the
obscure .h files he pointed us to, Rick's code is not documented any place
I had available!

I vote that documenting what we can *actually* do with the tools at hand be
jumped *way* up on someone's to-do list ... [Scott? Oh, Scott ???]

Sven