new BLT etc. ?!?

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: new BLT etc. ?!?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:53:11 -0600

Sven N. Thommesen writes:
 > I see that on the ftp site there's a new version of BLT (2.3) and a new
 > version of libtclobjc (1.7), both put up the last couple of weeks. Was any
 > announcement made about this that I missed?

This is all in the impending documentation. [grin]  But, since you
forced the issue....

BLT 2.3 sorta works with Swarm.  It *fixes* the problem we were
having with Tcl/Tk 7.6/4.2.  I.e. you don't need the patch to
get rid of tcl_createpipeline, if you use BLT 2.3.

However, the configure command has apparently changed and I'm
seeing the BLT_ZoomStack error.  I haven't figured out what the
incompatibility is, yet.  But, the problems don't seem to be
fatal.

Also, there seems to be a new option to put big fat dots on the
line graphs where the actual data points are.  This is ok; but, it's
a little annoying.  I'm sure one can turn it off.

Otherwise, feel free to use BLT 2.3.

The libtclobjc-1.1b7 only has some changes to make the library
work on the DEC Alpha, with the ObjC patch for GCC submitted by
John Eikenberry on Feb 18, 1997.  I still haven't tested this
change.

So, it's probably not necessary to upgrade to 1.1b7, especially
since we're moving to a Java GUI pretty soon, anyway.

glen
--
{glen e. p. ropella <address@hidden> |  Send lawyers, guns, and money!  }
{Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            }