Re: Tcl/Tk version

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Tcl/Tk version
Date: 03 Mar 1998 16:27:30 -0800

DD>    I thought that 1.0.5 was the final version before Java GUI and
DD> that the JAVA GUI didn't use those three, four letter words, BLT
DD> TK and TCL.

Because we want to provide a reliable front end for Win32 platforms,
we decided that relying on the Java GUI wasn't going to be sufficient.

But don't worry, for Win32 platforms, there won't be the hassles
associated with installation of BLT and Tcl/Tk: installation will be
done by an Installer Shield.  We would like to provide .rpm and .deb
files for GNU/Linux as well, but we probably won't have time before
the next release.