Re: Solaris Install

From: donalson
Subject: Re: Solaris Install
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:49:49 -0700

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> D3> [rtg] % make /home/donalson/swarm/packages/bin/libtool-swarm
> D3> --mode link gcc -g -O2 -L/home/d onalson/swarm/packages/lib
> D3> -Wl,-rpath /home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib -L/opt/
>
> When configure is running, what do you see after this:
>
>   checking whether -R must be followed by a space

Nothing, it never asks that question.

> Also, what do you get from the command `uname -a'?

> SunOS rtg 5.5.1 Generic_103640-20 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20

> With Solaris, what you should have in link commands are `-R path'
> options, not `-Wl,-rpath path' options.

Can I just hard code this and if so what files do I change?

Cheers,

   D3

* Doug Donalson                 Office: (805) 893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution,           Home:   (805) 961-4447
* and Marine Biology            email address@hidden
* UC Santa Barbara
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106
*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*