Re: Making Movies: problems

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Making Movies: problems
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:04:06 -0500

At 08:32 PM 9/10/1998 -0500, PJ wrote:
>Dear Sven:
>
>I was under the impression, until I read your note, that it was
>possible to write a png file in batch mode. Not so?

I doubt it. Benedikt's code was limited to faking rasters that had only
color spots on it; it could not handle the case where you used pixmaps for
your bugs. The current code, I believe, depends entirely on there actually
being an instantiated widget on the screen whose bits it can copy to disk.
(Marcus ?)

>Also, I've got a bunch of png's coming out of a simulation,
>how do I make it a movie?
>pj

Haven't gotten that far yet (that's the next step) -- but I believe there
was a thread on this topic a month or two back.

--Sven