Re: Any troubles with swarm 2.0 rpms?

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: Any troubles with swarm 2.0 rpms?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:40:02 +0200

        Hi Paul,

        here you find my today experience.

        I've unzipped and untarred jdk1.2pre-v2.tar.gz in /usr/local; then, a
first attempt to use rpm -ivh swarm-2.0-1.rh6jdk12.i386.rpm failed, lacking
jikes. After rpm -ivh jikes-1.01-1.i386.rpm, I'd also to uninstall
swarm-with-hdf5-1.4.1-3.rh6 to avoid a lot of conflicts.

        So, it is not possible to hold two versions of Swarm in the Linux box. I
think that this is a (minor) problem, but it is a problem.

        Finally, rpm -ivh swarm-2.0-1.rh6jdk12.i386.rpm succeded, without
installing gcc-2.95.

        make on a code of mine (for 1.4.1, but without porting problems)
succeded
also; running the executable file, I've received several warning messages
that I'll report in the next message to swarm-support.

        Pietro