Been working on the Swarm User Guide Again.

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Been working on the Swarm User Guide Again.
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:48:38 -0500

This week I'm making a push to get at least the major sections roughed
out.  I got too busy in the summer to do much on it and I feel some
urgency about it.

I've put snapshots here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Beta/SwarmUserGuide/userbook.html

A few people have found this document while stumbling in the internet
and I've gotten some helpful feedback about typographical errors and
plain old mistakes.  Today's offering is "mostly OK" through chapter
3.2.

I've fixed up the section on scheduling and started writing part 3,
which so far has a big section on how Swarm fits with C and a chapter on
using Maps and Arrays.  The issues addressed in the Maps and Arrays are
FAQs and if you want input on what we say there, this is your chance.
It seems to me there are several fundamental issues that have never been
explained simply before.  In particular, the business about using
integers as keys in Maps takes a lot of explaining/unexplaining and I
wonder if I've gotten it straight.

I find it difficult to write while putting in all kinds of markup, so
this is pretty minimally marked. No index entries.

When you spot mistakes, please let me know.