Re: Slow Compiling on NT

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Slow Compiling on NT
Date: 22 Sep 1999 09:37:19 -0700

TR> However, the
TR> executable now takes a long time to run (that is before the
TR> control panel appears).  In all cases once the control panel has
TR> appeared the application works fine.

One idea is that it is looking around for some network resource.  Is
your machine on the net?  Neither compilation/linking or executable
startup should be slow with 2.0.1.  I've never seen that on NT or 98
(but the machines here are all on the net).

You might be able to get some clue from a backtrace at startup:

$ gdb .libs/heatbugs
(gdb) run
[then, while it is trying to start up, press control-C and run a backtrace.
Do this several times at different lags and see if you can get any info]