Using gdb

From: jalex
Subject: Using gdb
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

I just tried using gdb to step through an app and received the
following message:

address@hidden bayes]$ gdb bayes
GNU gdb 4.17.0.11 with Linux support
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
"/home/jalex/prog/swarm/bayes/bayes": not in executable format: File format not
recognized

I've never seen that error before from gdb.  Oddly enough, for a file
that's not in executable format, it runs pretty well. :-)

This is a plain-vanilla version of gdb taken from a redhat mirror
site.  I know that previous versions of gdb required a special patch
in order to work with swarm.  Is this the case here as well?

Thanks,

Jason