Newbie question on starting Swarm modeling in Java.

From: Rene van Egmond
Subject: Newbie question on starting Swarm modeling in Java.
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:19:30 -0800

Dear list-members,

I am trying to get my IDE environment setup so I can do Java-based Swarm
simulations.
My system setup:
       Operating system:        Windows2000 professional
       Java IDE:        Forte for Java Community Edition

When I compile and build the JHeatBug application all goes well without any
compile or build errors.
I can get the program started but when I want to run the simulation I get
the following error:

Exception drawSelfOn: Heatbug
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.c3ismc.swarm.jheatbug.HeatbugObserverSwarm.buildObjects(HeatbugObserverS
warm.java:231)
        at
com.c3ismc.swarm.jheatbug.StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:30)
Exception in thread "main" Unable to register TclNotifier window class

I do see all the "little dialog boxes with the Probes etc".
Any help to get me up and running with Swarm in Java and solving this
problem would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
                   Rene van Egmond