New HDF5, Swarm rpm available

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: New HDF5, Swarm rpm available
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 07:01:48 -0600

RPMs for HDF5 1.4.0 are available.  From now on, you must have that to
install new swarm rpms.

Doing this required a build of gcc-2.95.3, which I patched with the
obj-c patch MGD made.

So, if you install the new hdf5 and the new swarm RPMs, you will get no
more of those obnoxious but harmless warnings!

I tried to explain this here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/

and the hdf5 rpm (and srpm) can be had here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/miscSupportSoftware/

And, in case you have had it up-to-here (gesture to neck!) with RedHat
gcc-2.96 crap, you can have the rpms for gcc-2.95.3 in that same
directory.

It is not clear to me what the status of 2.95.3 is, compared to 2.96.
Since 2.95.3 was officially released just a few days ago, I feel pretty
good about using it.  If you want to use that rpm, you have to uninstall
the old gcc and cpp rpms, though, but you can always reinstall if you
want to.  I tried to build it so it would install to a different
directory, but the spec file I was starting with just ignored me. (I was
beginning with a recent srpm file from the Polish(ed) Linux Distribution
Project, which I like!)