Re: Forte for java as java IDE

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Forte for java as java IDE
Date: 27 Jul 2001 10:17:23 -0600

WS> Is anyone using Forte for Java with java Swarm programs?

I tried to download the `community edition', but it terminated half
way through and now it's telling me that I don't have that privilege again.
I give up.  As my niece's favorite video game says, "Too bad!  So sad!"

WS> "javaswarm is not in java.library.path", which I think (?) means
WS> that javaswarm.dll is not being located.  Is there a PATH
WS> environmental variable somewhere I can set to my swarm/bin
WS> directory? Is there another way to do it?

Adding c:\Swarm-2.1.1\bin to the PATH should fix that.
You'll need c:\Swarm-2.1.1\share\swarm\swarm.jar in the CLASSPATH, too.
Replace "c:" with the drive where Swarm was installed on your machine.