Re: Problem building swarm-2002-05-14

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Problem building swarm-2002-05-14
Date: 08 Aug 2002 02:39:12 -0700

W> Hi Alex I am not sure I am volunteering to be a porter/tester for
W> Solaris, but I do have an Ultra 10 with Solaris 9 on which you
W> could have an account.

Thanks for the offer.  I'm not sure that I would have the time to dive
back into Solaris arcana myself (it can be very frustrating make the
GNU toolchain interoperate with Sun's proprietary versions of the same
thing).  Right now I'm snowed under just migrating the website and
mailing lists to our new swarm.org home [outside SFI] and also trying
to build the docs, and Swarm under GNU/Linux.  I'm hoping that I can
motivate somebody who uses Solaris regularly. ;-)

By the way, how goes the MacOS X port?  Do you still need to create
that macosx subdirectory on the CVS server at Savannah?  If you're
already creating code and/or config files/Makefiles, we should have
them up there sooner rather than later.  Just send me a tarball, with
instructions on where it should go, and I can check it in.

Cheers, Alex
--
  Alex Lancaster           |
  Swarm Development Group  |     web: http://www.swarm.org