Re: Sorry for bothering you...

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Sorry for bothering you...
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 05:21:47 -0500

No bother, really.

I don't think I've run Swarm-2.1.1 in a long time, and in even a longer time I've not used the JDK you have. I recall there was some problem with the JDK back in the 1.2.2 era and for a long time we were forced to run a beta version of JDK 1.3.0 to avoid it. Of course, now that the JDK is on version 1.4.0, it doesn't make much sense to bug shoot troubles people have with 1.2.2.

The environment information you posted is not the relevant thing. ALl the environment is supposed to be controlled by the javaswarm script, and if you look in there, you should see the path and that it does have swarm in it. That's supposing you have a good build of swarm and the only problem is the environment.

If you build swarm.jar, then you need that to be in your class path.

in my javaswarm from RH7.3 with j2sdk1.4 and Swarm-2002-05-14, I find this snip, for example:

if test x$JAVA_CLASSES_INSTALLED_AS = xjar; then
  classpath=".${PS}${swarmclassdir}${PD}swarm${PD}swarm.jar"
else
  classpath=".${PS}${swarmclassdir}"
fi
classpath="$classpath${PS}${swarmclassdir}${PD}swarm${PD}kawa.jar${PS}${JAVACLASSES}${PS}$CLASSPATH"

I also recal that the way to specify the classpath has changed over the years, but don't know if it would come up.

Jan Peters wrote:
Hello,

I am still getting this error whenever I try to run a Swarm Java coded program:

I found that most likely a problem with the CLASSPATH variable. Here is my environment:

bash-2.05a# set