Re: jSwarm Tutorial: Error after running for a while

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: jSwarm Tutorial: Error after running for a while
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:49:33 -0500

Hm. You don't give me much info in replicating your problem.

Which Swarm edition?

Where did you get the tutorial code you are using?

Problem could be either the old java you have, or an old swarm, or a memory leak in the tuturial you are looking at.

Right now, with the current java (j2sdk-1.4.0) on RedHat, I don't see a problem like that with java programs, but I wasn't aware of an SDG 'certified' java tutorial either, so I don't know much :)

Jan Peters wrote:
Hello,

I am just testing the jSwarm tutorial and finished the first ModelSwarm.java example. Running the program I encounterd the following error after 1 or 2 minutes (btw I have a correct output "Bug 1 has found..." etc.. I am running Slackware Linux 8.1 on an AMD TB with 512 MB RAM, it says OutOfMemory in the error message, is that the problem? Unlikely, isn't it?)

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504