[Swarm-Support] Announcement: Xdrone 0.1

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Announcement: Xdrone 0.1
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 02:15:41 -0700

To all the Mac OS X users out there,

I am pleased to announce a preview release of Xdrone, an plug-in for Apple's Xgrid grid computing solution. Xdrone lets you distribute batch runs of agent-based models across your "Xgrid"--any local network of Mac OS X computers. For those of you that are familiar with Ted Belding's Drone, Xdrone is exactly what it sounds like: Drone for Xgrid.

Xgrid itself is still only a "technology preview," so I am going to wait and see what happens with the final version of Xgrid before putting the finishing touches on Xdrone 1.0. Still, please email me any suggestions you have about this initial version.

One technical note for Swarm users: before running a batch, be sure that the --batch command-line option is specified and that the HOME environment variable to . (dot) under 1. Configure Model > Input and Environment.

You can get Xdrone 0.1 here:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~ebaskerv/xdrone

Enjoy!

--Ed