[Swarm-Support] Re: [Swarm-Modelling] xmalloc problem

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: [Swarm-Modelling] xmalloc problem
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:22:08 -0700

If you are running under Cygwin in Windows, we found a help page that shows how to increase the system's limit on how much memory Cygwin can allocate. It seems likely that this would solve the xmalloc error, if it occurs when you have not yet used up ALL your system's memory. We haven't tested this trick yet.

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.html

Steve Railsback

José Antonio Pascual Ruano wrote:

Thank you very much, I,ll try it.

Jose A. Pascual

Hello dear swarmers,

I`m running a simulation with JavaSwarm but I have a persistent problem.

Every time the simulation reaches around 80000 cycles the system crashes

The error that I get is:

/src/Swarm/swarm/src/misc/xmalloc.c:95 xmalloc

so I suppose that is a problem of memory allocation of the interface more than a modelling bug because xmalloc is a objective-C command not a Java command.
Can anybody help me?

Is it frecuent?

Thank you very much.

Jose Antonio Pascual Ruano