Re: [Swarm-Support] integer from pointer without a cast

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] integer from pointer without a cast
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:45:00 -0500

Derek,

The important warning is actually the one right above the cast warning:

Agent.m:66: warning: `Agent' does not respond to `getAPrice'

this is saying the compiler does not know anything about a method called getAPrice. This could be because you are not importing the header file which defines it or you forgot to put it in the header file. Because the compiler does not know, it assumes that the return value is a pointer, but then it sees you are assigning it to an integer variable, and thus the warning.

cheers
Scott