[Swarm-Support] Adding probe in model swarm

From: K a
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Adding probe in model swarm
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:21:42 -0800

Hi,

In my model swarm GUI, I would like to have a field which allows me to specify
some parameters. I understand that the public variables in the ModelSwarm class
are displayed as normal (which allows the value to be specified), as well as
methods such as addAgent where you can add an agent to the model (by dragging
an agent object to the field).

The field which I like to add is, in a sense, similar to that of addAgent, but
the difference is - instead of providing an object, the arguments are ints
(just like the public primitive variables above). Hence I have a method in
ModelSwarm which deals with this trigger.

In effect, I would like something which is EXACTLY like what I already have in
my class which extends SwarmObjectImpl: public methods (with primitive
arguments) in this class are shown in the probe, where I can specify a value to
the argument and trigger that method. However, ModelSwarm extends SwarmImpl and
I don't seem to get the same to work.

Would appreciate any help on how this could be done.

Thank you,
Kel

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com