swarm-swarmfest2007

Re: [Swarmfest2007] Swarmfest fees, budget

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2007] Swarmfest fees, budget
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:26:14 -0600

I can think of two more people in our group at LANL that would give good talks. Both are computational biology people and do rule based modeling, and one of them gives a sensible ABM talk. One is a staff scientist and the other a postdoc. The latter wrote her own ABM toolkit that seems very nice. I'm not sure they'd be appropriate for a keynote , but it makes me wonder if there is some possibility of funding secondary speakers. It's just that they wouldn't a built-in incentive to go to Swarmfest and I'd feel uncomfortable asking them to this as it doesn't have an obvious benefit for them.