Re: New idea for converting an avi to a flash file -- Was Re: [Swftools-

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: New idea for converting an avi to a flash file -- Was Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with avi2swf
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:14:28 +0100

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:26:31AM -0800, Amartyo Banerjee wrote:
> I just got a new idea for how I might convert the avi to a flash file. I
> could turn the avi into a
> file with mjpeg encoding and then use the mjpeg tools to convert it into a
> sequence of jpeg files,
> i.e one jpeg file per frame. Then I could convert each jpeg into a flash file
> using jpeg2swf.
>
> So I guess my question is: Given a set of of jpeg files converted to
> corresponding swf files, one
> file per frame, how would I combine all these into a single swf file, which
> if played with
> gflashplayer etc, will give me one flash movie ?

You don't need to transform each single image into swf. Just
pass all images to jpeg2swf:

    jpeg2swf -r 3000 -m image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg ...

The jpeg2swf option "-m" turns on video compression, which might be a
very good idea in your case.
"-r 3000" means 30.0 fps. (fps*100)

Nonetheless, I'd like to find out why your avi files are making avi2swf
crash. I'm going to install ffmpeg and try the command line you posted-
which ffmpeg version do you use?

Greetings

Matthias