Re: [Swftools-common] Patch for pdf2swf (CID codemap file options)

From: Moriyoshi Koizumi
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Patch for pdf2swf (CID codemap file options)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:56:41 +0900

On 2004/10/27, at 0:12, Matthias Kramm wrote:

Ok, I now started implementing something similar to this.

pdf2swf now understands the "-s languagedir=" option. You can point
to any (extracted) language pack, and pdf2swf will fetch the file
add-to-xpdfrc out of the directory, and parse it (adding any
encoding/unicode files to the global parameters).
So e.g.

tar -zxvf xpdf-japanese.tar.gz # creates xpdf-japanese directory
    pdf2swf -s languagedir=xpdf-japanese file.pdf

can be used to convert a japanese pdf.

Moriyoshi, could you test with one of your files whether (in the current
CVS version) this actually works? Thanks!

Well, I tested it and it seemed getting useful. I mean I wasn't
able to get it working by simply extracting xpdf-japanese.tgz
to a directory and giving that option pointing to it and was
under the impression it still needs the following improvements.

1. "add-to-xpdfrc" contains absolute directory paths, which
   I eventually had to fix. As it's unlikely that XPDF's language
   packs are installed in the default directory (because there
   should be relatively rare people who install XPDF from source),
   I think we'd be better off changing the name of per-pack
   configuration file to something else so as to avoid confusion.

2. With respect to 1., if "add-to-xpdfrc" contains a relative
   path, it should be assumed to be relative to the configuration
   file instead of the current working directory.

Patch attached.

Regards,
Moriyoshi