Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF make all text selectable?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF make all text selectable?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:40:38 +0200

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:20:04AM +0200, gregory duchesnes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm using pdf2swf and i'd like to know if there's a way to make all text in
> the swf selectable, either built-in pdf2swf or thanks to a postprocess.

I'm afraid that's not possible- the SWF font format for rendering
text accurately (DEFINETEXT) differs too greatly in capabilities from
the font format for rendering text so that it can be selected
(DEFINEEDITTEXT).
There may be some special cases were it's possible nonetheless
(rectangular fields of text where all char and line spacing is *exactly*
 equal to the font metrics), but correctly determining and using
them is non-trivial.

Greetings

Matthias