Re: [Swftools-common] Static linked binaries?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Static linked binaries?
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:12:31 +0200

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 09:55:06PM +0200, Markus Müller wrote:
> I would like to use SWFTools in my application (http://
> www.infinitecanvas.com/) to convert gifs/jpgs/pngs to swf. Everything
> works fine on my mac - (because) I have all required libraries in the
> class path. Unfortunately the application crashes  when run on other
> machines.
>
> Is there a way to statically link this three tools on Mac OS X? I
> already tried the -static flag but this doesn't seem to work. I would
> appreciate any help you can give.

Michael and I once managed to compile a few of the tools statically
on a Mac OS X machine. The trick was to manually call gcc with
the paths to the .a libraries (do this after running the normal
configure / make):

gcc png2swf.o -lm -lz ../lib/librfxswf.a /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.a \
                                         /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a

You'll probably have to change the paths to wherever libfreetype.a
and libjpeg.a are on your machine. Also, if it still complains about
missing symbols, try to find the libraries where those symbols occur
and add the .a file to the above commandline.

Greetings

Matthias