Re: [Swftools-common] PDF hyperlinks question

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF hyperlinks question
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:01:03 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 08:03:23AM -0400, Chris Flowers wrote:
> This is a probably a question for Matthias.
>
> Is there a way to provide an actionscript function call in place of a
> hyperlink in a pdf?
> I'd like to be able to add links that tell the host swf to perform a tasks,
> like goto a frame.
> Basically make a link act as a button.

Yes, that's possible (even though not documented yet):

Make a hyperlink to e.g. the following URL in order to call the ActionScript
function "dosomething" with the parameter "myparameter":

    http://pdf2swf:call:dosomething:myparameter

.
The ActionScript generated is
    dosomething("myparameter")
and will be called if you click on the hyperlink.

Greetings

Matthias