[Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - swf not showing up in the Loader component

From: Nirav Mehta
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - swf not showing up in the Loader component
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 19:24:18 +0530

Hi Friends,

I am facing a peculiar problem. Looks like it is a pdf2swf issue, so posting it here.

I have pdf2swf installed on a Linux server. A user would upload a PDF file, pdf2swf converts that to swf and then we show it in a Flash app. We also show JPGs in the app - uploaded in a similar manner.

Now, the PDF is being converted to SWF successfully. If I load up the SWF in the browser, it shows up fine. But it does not show up in the Flash app.

We are using the Loader component in Flash 8. It does emit all the events of load progress, and also shows the event when the file has been completely loaded. Despite it being loaded completely, the swf does NOT show up in the loader.

I checked up for stupid mistakes I could make. Position of the content in loader, transparency, correct filenames, permission check - but everything seems to be in order. The same loader can easily load JPGs and other SWFs - the ones which are not created by pdf2swf.

I tried various options with pdf2swf command line - but none solved the problem.

I am stuck with this and would really like some help!

Can anybody throw some light on this?

TIA.

:Nirav