[Swftools-common] FW: png2swf

From: Richard Rusczyk
Subject: [Swftools-common] FW: png2swf
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:12:53 -0700

For a little more background on this problem, the .png files are formed by running ‘convert’ on an image and turning white into transparent.  When I run png2swf on them, png2swf spits out 256 lines of the form ‘<number from 0 to 255> <8digit number>’.  If I create a png with transparency in, say, Fireworks, I don’t get the 256 lines of output, and png2swf does the conversion just fine.  So, apparently convert is doing something weird to create the transparency, and png2swf doesn’t see it.  (I have the same behavior with gif2swf.)