Re: [Swftools-common] Progressive download

From: Cristian Rusu
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Progressive download
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:52:24 +0200

Well if the percent thing solve the one swf per page (didn't get the time to test yet) my initial issue with page generating SWFs is resolved.

Now I need to figure out a "page manager" in the viewer

Sincerely
Cristian Rusu
Web Programmer & Electronic publisher

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 20:47, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
2009/1/13 Cristian Rusu <address@hidden>:
> Probably it works on multiple calls, but isn't way much handy to just give
> it a parameter that will output one swf per page, so I don't have to deal
> with how many pages are there, counts and index of each page in order to get
> the swf files set?

I suppose your choice depends on end result you wnat.

> Anyway, the display is not htat easy after I get the files as I have to
> handle the pages totally different than it's now with one swf and more
> frames...

Who said programming was easy? ;-)    Shame that ..

    pdf2swf -p 1-4 zz.pdf --viewer zviewer.swf -o zz%.swf

doesn't work like,

   pdf2swf -p 1-4 zz.pdf --defaultviewer -o zzz.swf

> Anyone have some code/component to give me some heads op on doing that for
> my viewer?

There are some interesting options to be found with

   pdf2swf -s help

including some hooks into the created swfs.   Maybe worth a look if
you haven't already
done so?

Regards,

Chris.