Re: [Swftools-common] Adding custom AS when pdf2swf encounters a link

From: Douglas Miller
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Adding custom AS when pdf2swf encounters a link
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:07:46 -0600

I would like for external links in the swf files to be functional. Unfortunately, the default behavior of the page flip viewer that I am using is to apply a page turning effect when the mouse is clicked in the body of the page. According to their FAQ, the following code will allow the links to function properly:

on(rollOver, dragOver){
    _root.canflip=false; // flipping disabled
}
on(rollOut, dragOut, releaseOutside){
    _root.canflip=true; // flipping enabled
}
on(release){
    _root.canflip=true; // flipping enabled
    getURL("http://www.google.com"
, target="_blank"); // open link in new window
}

I'd like to enable this functionality though I have no idea about where to begin...

An example of the viewer can be seen at: http://westindiespublishing.com/index.php/magazines?id=29&view=single

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:28:11PM -0600, Douglas Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also can someone explain how I would create such a function? I'm not much of
> a flash developer...

Well, what do you want the function to *do*?

Greetings

Matthias