Re: [Swftools-common] Flash viewer

From: Jim Baack
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Flash viewer
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 03:24:37 +0000 (GMT)

Cristian-

Looked at the demo - very nice. One suggestion for a future enhancement -
bookmarking. I hacked this into rfxview but don't know Actionscript so couldn't
really help here. The way I envision it is to add two more parameters when the
viewer is embedded - a starting page number and a bookmark callback URL. If the
page number is passed the viewer jumps to that page as it opens. A new bookmark
button calls the callback URL when pressed, adding the current page number to
the end, and the server can then save it with that user and pass it back in the
next time the document is opened. I work with educational materials that may
have 100 or more pages and the feature is important.

Thanks for putting this out for all of us to use.

Jim Baack