[Swftools-common] PATCH: Leaking file descriptors when reading in raster

From: Kai Lautaportti
Subject: [Swftools-common] PATCH: Leaking file descriptors when reading in raster images
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:59:43 +0300

Hi Matthias et al

During our development using the Python gfx module we bumped into
problems with our process running out of file descriptors when working
on large PDF files containing hundreds of pages.

I tracked this down to two places in the code where PNG and JPEG files
are read. Basically for each (jpeg) file opened using

  >>> image = gfx.open('image', 'some_image.jpg')

SWFTools leaks two file descriptors.

The attached patch closes both leaks. The patch is against the 0.9.0
stable release.

cheers,
Kai

--