[Swftools-common] swfc segmentation fault under linux

From: Cseri Eszter
Subject: [Swftools-common] swfc segmentation fault under linux
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:27:26 +0100

Hi guys,

I use swfc under windows and linux. The windows version runs correctly, but under 64bit linux swfc occassionally crashes with big files. I use the gzipped 0.9.1 version. I searched in the archives and it seems someone has reported this problem once (Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:29:34 +0800: [Swftools-common] SWFC crashes encountered on Linux). My problem is exactly the same,
the program crashes in the readToken() function line 131.

I would like to ask if anyone can advice me how to fix or workaround this, as I do not really want to try to work with a 32 bit binary because of the dependencies, and I am not that
a big C coder that I could easily resolve the error.
I can provide a core dump and example .sc files if it is needed, though an example file can easily be created with this little script (I type it from heart so it is possible that it contains errors):
echo '.flash filename="package.swf" version=9 fps=1 compress' > package.sc
for i in {1..20000}; do   echo ".frame $i" >> package.sc; done
echo '.end' >> package.sc

Could anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Eszter