Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31

From: Sviatoslav Sviridov
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:18:58 +0300

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:53:42 +0100
Michael Vogt <address@hidden> wrote:

...skipped...
> > - I think its better to revert button names for "upgrade" und
> > "dist-upgrade". Now upgrade is "Upgrade All", but this is better
> > used for dist-upgrade.
>
> Yeah, thats right. What about "Upgrade", "Upgrade all"?

I think this would be good. The same was in previous versions. And there
was tooltips with description of buttons in gtk1 version, but now there
is no tooltips. I think this will be enough to add tooltips.

> > - there are different strings in code and synaptic.glage. It seems
> > that we have different strings in pot for the same action, and
> > therefore it is not clean which string will be displayed.
>
> Can give a a example, please?

For example, in "Preferencies":

#: gtk/rgconfigwindow.cc:138 wings/rwconfigwindow.cc:131
msgid ""
"Use text-only buttons in main window\n"
"(requires a restart to take effect)"

#: gtk/synaptic.glade.strings:88
msgid "Use text-only buttons in main window"

Displayed strings from code.

For button "Update" on the toolbar displayed "Upate List" from glade
file.

--
Sviatoslav Sviridoff
// Lintec Project/Minsk // PIN AG/Berlin //