Re: [Synaptic-devel] RGWindow::RGWindow() may g_free() an unallocated po

From: Sviatoslav Sviridov
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] RGWindow::RGWindow() may g_free() an unallocated pointer
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:30:32 +0300

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:15:44 +0800
Anthony Fok <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While synaptic-0.31+cvs20030120, compiled with g++-2.95, worked very
> nicely on Debian, it crashed right away when I tried to "Update List"
> or config the repository, for example, when I compiled it on Thiz
> Linux with g++-3.2.
>
> It seems that it is in RGWindow::RGWindow() in gtk/rgwindow.cc, when
> useGlade is false, gchar* filename never got assigned, and was
> nevertheless g_free(filename) in the end.  I guess g++-3.2 (or perhaps
> with certain optimization) that gchar* filename wasn't assigned NULL
> to it.  The attach patch attempts to fix this.  It works here.  :-)

I have the same problem.
I've tried fix this by moving definition of filename and gfree(filename)
inside block where it used.
I had segfault on the last gfree call which was out of block where
filename was used.

--
Sviatoslav Sviridoff
// Lintec Project/Minsk // PIN AG/Berlin //
>Ever heard of .cshrc?
That's a city in Bosnia.  Right?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)