Re: [Synaptic-devel] call for testing

From: Richard Bos
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] call for testing
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:47:08 +0200

Op donderdag 18 september 2003 11:33, schreef Michael Vogt:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:39:52PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> > Op maandag 15 september 2003 17:15, schreef Michael Vogt:
> > > Beside bugfixes and translation updates there will be two new
> > > features: a interactive search and a second alternative main layout
> > > (selectable via the preferences window).
> >
> > I like the new layout very much ;)
> > It will probably be my default setting!
>
> Cool. Great that you like it :) It has probably some rough spots here
> and there, but we try to iron them out :)

As has been said before, there is something with the location of the "keep
install and remove" buttons.  Perhaps they should be inside the tab, maybe
there is something else.  However it is not so important.

> > What do you mean with an interactive search?  Is that the search -> find
> > tool functionality or is it something else?
>
> It's the search entry in the main toolbar. If you type a charackter
> there, it will instantly search in the displayed packages (and expand
> tree rows if needed). This is nice and it will get even nicer once gtk
> 2.4 is out, because it will have a improved gtktreeview that is much
> faster.

Ah, found it now nice :))

In the dependencies tab there is another menu to get an overview of the what
the pkg e.g. provides or dependes upon, etc.

Is it possible to have these all as seperate buttons?  I believe that would be
nicer, if space allows it.

Last thing remark: hte color of the 1st tab showing the pkg
description/information is gray, while the other tabs are white.  I would
love to see the 1st become white as well :)

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless