[Synaptic-devel] Re: new (last?) testversion available (+ a patch)

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: new (last?) testversion available (+ a patch)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:57:30 +0300

Quoting Michael Vogt <address@hidden>:

> Dear friends,
>

> thanks for your feedback and your support with the test-releases. I
> put a last (I hope) version online at:
> http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.44pre4.tar.gz
>
> I tried to address most of the suggestions you had (while I'm afraid
> not all made it into this release). The difference between the last
> test-release and this one are improved glade interface files.
> Sebastian Heinlein was so kind to send me those. Thanks!
>
> There are also updates to the translations, thanks to a lot to all of
> the hard-working translators!
>
> I'm busy on this weekend, so answering my mail will probably take
> until monday.

Seems to work fine here on RH9. BTW I just noticed that synaptic doesn't support
apt-rpm's "rpm-dir" repositories (== a directory where you just drop packages
and apt notices them without running update first and you don't need to generate
the repo with genbasedir). Not a big deal, that's a feature marked experimental
in apt-rpm and doesn't seem to be widely in use but attached is a patch to add
support for that too. Feel free to postpone for next release, nobody missed it
so far so chances are people will survive without it for one more release :)

> P.S. I plan to add the proxy dialog for the next release.

Excellent!

--
    - Panu -