[Synaptic-devel] Dependencies

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Dependencies
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:21:06 -0400

More on my last email concerning dependencies...

Finally what I wrote about is not a bug, but a misunderstanding of the UI.

I configured Synaptic's default release to "ignore", so in my case this
represent testing (well that's my default release with apt-get when I don't
use the -t switch).

I clicked on the packaged "nethack", which is not installed at all on my
system.

In the dependencies tab, the two dependencies of this package,
"nethack-common" and "nethack-x11" are in red.

Clicking on one of the dependencies, the following message appears at the
bottom : "package is/will not be installed".

But when I click "Install", Synaptic ask me to confirm the installation of
these two dependencies plus libxaw6.

The "Execute" command also seems to work well (I canceled before the download
was completed).

Should the message be changed?

Guillaume Pratte