[Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.45pre8

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.45pre8
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:01:17 +0200

Dear Friends,

This is the last test-version (if nothing really bad happens) and it's
mostly intended for the translators to catch up. There will be no
more changes in the strings until the final version is out.

It would be nice if you could test it and see if it works. I want to
release the final version in 3-4 days, but I can extend this period if
the translators need more time.

Get it at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.45pre8.tar.gz

and send me your translations!

Here are the NEWS (for 0.45 as a whole):
 - proxy can be configured with the gui now
 - updated japanese translation (thanks to Daisuke SUZUKI)
 - new preferences dialog layout (thanks Sebastian Heinlein)
 - new filter dialog layout  (thanks Sebastian Heinlein)
 - when adding filter, they are called "New Filter 1", "New Filter 2"
   etc
 - added "search lack", so that the interactive search does not start
   immediately
 - new quit dialog
 - speedup for the pattern filters
 - small ui-enhancements in the filter dialog
 - basic support for distribution selection (if you have more than one
   distro in your sources.list, you can choose which to use by
   default)
 - new about dialog (thanks Sebastian)
 - support to choose between different versions of a given package

bye,
 Michael