[Synaptic-devel] Synaptic development

From: Gustavo Niemeyer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic development
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:27:03 -0200

Hello Michael!

As I told you, I'm following more closely the synaptic development
again. I've just checked out a *very* strange release.. :-)

It looks like the bottom panel has changed the button scheme
completely, in a very ugly and unusable way. Also, the first tab
has a large scroll, what looks pretty unconvenient.

I'm sure these are just transient changes. OTOH, I'd strongly
advise not to implement changes that turn the development version
unusable. If necessary, we should fork a branch, and work there,
so that parallel working and testing is still possible.

I'm forwarding that message to synaptic-devel, as you told me
we were receiving external help regarding interface development.

I'd also like to take that time to thank you for the work being
done in Synaptic lately. It's changing and growing up at an amaze
rate!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net