[Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.46pre1

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.46pre1
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:37:33 +0100

Dear Friends,

I put a 0.46pre1 release online. I would be very happy if you could
test it and see if it works. Gustavo did some testing on rpm based
systems already (thanks!). I want to release 0.46 quickly as 0.45 can
segfault under certain (rare) conditions.

There is various new stuff in, most noteably docbook based help
(yeah!). A big kudos to Sebastian for the hard work he put into the
documentation (it's still not complete, so better do not start to
translate it).

Beside testing, updates for the translations would be very appreciated
:)

Get it at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.46pre1.tar.gz

and give it a good shake :)

Because of the help stuff you need docbook now to build (under debian
docbook-utils) and make sure to use automake1.7 in case you run (for
whatever reason) autogen.sh.

thanks,
 Michael