Re: [Synaptic-devel] Error: Your locale settings are not supported by yo

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Error: Your locale settings are not supported by your Xlib
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:28:37 +0100

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:22:39AM +0530, K. Srinath Reddy wrote:
> Output of "locale" command:

Sorry, I can't say for sure why this happens in your particular
case. What synaptic does on startup is checking (via
XSupportsLocale()) if X understands about your locale settings. This
is needed, because otherwise the terminal output sometimes crashes. We
are reworking the terminal output and we are waiting for a external
library to release a new version (vte). Once this is done, we can take
this warning out again.

Do you see messages in the terminal from other applications when you
start them? For example, when starting gedit in a gnome-terminal you
typically see a warning from gedit in the terminal window about the
locales too (if there is something wrong with the locale settings).

bye,
 Michael