[Synaptic-devel] New download/execute dialog

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] New download/execute dialog
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:32:01 +0100

I made a new glade mockup for the download and execute dialog.

Both dialogs are merged into a notebook. But I am not sure if this could
be easily implemented or better than two single dialogs.

In the download list only active and failed downloads would be shown.
This would keep the list more clear and we could also do without an
extra error dialog, since the user would see all failed downloads and
could choose between ignoring them or to cancel the whole process. The
ignore button should be disabled so long as no download failed.

If all downloads are completed the dialog would automatically switch to
the next tab or window - the executing of the changes.